If your matchmaking was imagined to get reasonable, both partners would be fulfilled
- Testing phase: examining the advantages and you may will set you back out of relationships (not just close relationship) due to experimentation
- Negotiating stage: the start of a relationship, where some costs and you will benefits are understood using exchange and you may settlement
- Relationship stage: will set you back and you will advantages be much more predictable and the relationship grows more stable- advantages boost, will cost you stop
- Institutionalisation stage: the norms of the matchmaking was firmly dependent
- It’s been argued one financial exchange characterises low-intimate matchmaking (eg between co-workers), but do not characterise personal relationship, while the neither partner provides ‘score’ from who is ahead and you will behind to your perks and you may will set you back. Put are considering a faulty presumption and is hence weak.
- Miller (1997) learned that people who rated by themselves as actually inside the a committed relationship spent a shorter time deciding on photographs from attractive people, recommending one frustration when you look at the a love is really what leads to the fresh costs/perks are calculated, as opposed to the calculation causing dissatisfaction. So it weakens the prediction away from Place.
- There is certainly research one tips out of fairness be much more essential in relationships than just calculation off will set you back and you will perks, suggesting you to Place are, at best, a restricted need away from personal relationships. read more